- Test of English as a Foreign Language
- If you use the results from the TOEFL, you must have a minimum overall score of 80 for the internet-based test (IBT) or 550 for the paper-based test (PBT).
- Use Institution Code 3915 (UCONN- Storrs Campus) for reporting your test results.
- See the Educational Testing Service website for more information.
- International English Language Testing System
- If you submit results from the IELTS, you must have an average overall band score of at least 6.5. Only the scores from the Academic Module, not the General Training Module, are applicable.
- See the IELTS website for additional information for this exam.
- Pearson Test for English
- If you submit results from the PTE, you must have an overall score of at least 53. Only the scores from the Academic Module, not the General Training Module, are applicable.
- See the Pearson website for additional information.
In all cases, your submitted test results must be no more than two years old.
If you believe you might qualify for a waiver of the Test of English Proficiency requirement please contact the graduate school directly to request a waiver.