2019 Fredric M. Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award

Dear Professor:

I want to call your attention to the Fredric M. Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award, which I hope will interest your doctoral students. A description of the award and the application process can be found at http://jepson.richmond.edu/about/jablin-dissertation-award/index.html.

Established in 1992, the Jepson School of Leadership Studies takes an interdisciplinary approach to the study of leadership. Jepson faculty members make significant contributions to their home disciplines as well as to the field of leadership studies. They come from leading doctoral programs in traditional academic disciplines such as religious studies, philosophy, and social psychology.

This interdisciplinary approach to leadership is reflected in our recent selection of recipients for the Jablin Dissertation Award. Past winners earned their doctorates in such areas as history at Stanford, political science at Michigan State, and religion at Princeton University.

I hope that you will consider nominating one of your doctoral students for the award. I would be most willing to discuss the award with you or any potential recipients you may know. The deadline for applications is May 15, 2019.

Sincerely,

Dean, Jepson School of Leadership Studies